November 18, 2013

Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Coconut Sugar

I was looking for a recipe to try out my coconut sugar on and cranberries are everywhere right now so naturally I made cranberry sauce.
This sauce came out really good! It’s a little on the sweet side so adjust your sugar for your taste.
Ingredients
4 cups of fresh cranberries
3/4 cups coconut sugar (you can use raw or white sugar too)
1 cup of water
1 whole orange finely chopped (yes, leave the skin on and be sure all the juice gets in the pot too)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of crushed pineapple, drained (I used canned)
 
Wash cranberries, picking through and tossing out the bad ones. Set aside.
Bring sugar, and water to a light boil. Add cranberries, orange, and spices. Simmer over medium flame. Stir often. You’ll hear the berries pop open as they cook. When almost all of them have popped turned off the heat and stir in the crushed pineapple. Cool and serve. The sauce will thicken as it cools. I also used the back of my spoon to crush the berries a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment