November 10, 2013

Breakfast Muffins ~ Packed with Protein

I love these breakfast muffins because they refrigerate and reheat well and they are so easy to grab on the go.
Some mornings we are so busy, rushing to get out the door and I don’t want Johnny to skip a meal or just grab something less nutritious simply because there's no time. It’s nice to have these in the frig.

Ingredients
10 eggs 
 4 pieces of cooked bacon chopped (I used Trader Joe's)
1 precooked potato chopped (I used a small one)
1/2 cup chopped scallions (green onion)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan (I used coconut oil. Don’t skip this step because these will stick!)
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in scallions, potato, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in bacon. Spoon into muffin cups—until they are about half full.
Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack and serve.

What I love about these muffins is you can put anything you want in them. Leftover, sausage, ham, bell peppers, spinach, etc…
When I left these on the rack to cool I went back into the kitchen to take a picture for you and all of them had been eaten but these three…I’ll have to get my pictures quicker…or keep a close eye on my family ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment