November 3, 2013

Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix Bean Dip

It’s game day (football) in our house and everyone wants to snack.
 
 
So I decided to use the Onion Mix that I got from Trader Joe’s. It’s a new item for our local store.

 
Since we don’t eat any dairy we couldn’t use sour cream or yogurt for this. I decided to use white beans as a substitute for the dairy.
I think it turned out pretty good. The family is eating it up so that’s all that matters.
Ingredients
2 cans of organic white beans drained
1 packet of Trader Joes Onion Mix /dip
1 tea spoon of olive oil
1/8 cup of water (a little more or less depending how well you drained the beans)
 
I blended the beans with my handheld mixer.
 
I then incorporated the rest of the ingredients with a spoon. Chill for at least an hour before serving.


When I served it I put a little Slap Ya Mama on top—my family loves things spicy and sprinkled at little flat leaf (Italian) parsley.
I think it tastes great as is but I also think you can doctor it up if you're having a party or for the holidays…garlic, green onions (scallions), olives, red onions, a little lemon juice…

I  also think this would make a great sandwich spread...I think I'm going to go make myself a sandwich ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment