April 17, 2011

~Three Days Into Being Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Free~

Something totally amazing happened on the 3rd day of my son, Johnny, not eating any wheat, dairy, or soy.
Not only did he sleep a full night he slept in until 7:30 am. Now that may not sound like a big deal but Johnny hadn’t slept a full night in his entire 12 years of life! He would always be up and down. When he was a baby he’d toss and turn in his crib or just fuss (colic). As he became a toddler he’d sometime just get up and roam the house or play. When he was around 6 he started sleep walking and/or roaming the house. We’d find him sleeping on the floor at the foot of our bed, we’d find him on the sofa, in the guest bedroom, in his sisters room, really just about anywhere.  Johnny very rarely went to sleep and work up in the same place. Sometime he’d remember getting up at night and other times he didn’t. His morning normally started about 5 or 5:30…he just couldn’t sleep any longer.
Well, on his third day of no wheat, dairy, or soy he slept the entire night and also slept in! Whoo-Hoo! I’ll never forget… he came stumbling out of his room saying, “I’ve never slept that hard in my life! What time is it?”.
With this full night’s sleep, he had an amazing day. Very focused!
So the first thing we noticed when going wheat, dairy, & soy free was Johnny slept a 100% better!

2 comments:

  1. Here I am, after doing a quick search of "my ADHD kid is driving me nuts!" - I've been resistant to dietary changes, because she is already such a picky eater, but I'm at the end of my rope and ready to try anything.
    Thanks for all the resources, I'm looking forward to digging in and learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear that you are making dietary changes. It's going to be hard with a picky eater but you can do it! Please keep my updated on how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete