April 17, 2011

~Going Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Free~

When the derma dermatologist said no wheat, dairy, or soy, I thought what am I going to fee this kid! He was ready to jump in removing everything all at once. He didn’t want to ease into this way of eating he just wanted to “just do it”. I wanted to be supportive so I scrambled to fix his first meal wheat, dairy, soy free.
Well the first night for dinner I baked chicken breasts (marinated in olive oil, garlic, & dried basil), made a huge salad and used a homemade dressing—a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil,  garlic power, salt, & pepper (our salad dressing had soy bean oil in it), and canned green beans. He was happy with this meal and went to bed full.

Breakfast was usually cereal & milk. He was not longer allowed to have to have this so I made him beacon and eggs (I fired the eggs in the beacon grease)...it was all I have in the house. 

Lunch was usually PB&J or tuna on whole wheat bread. This is sooo not good for him…the bread of course is loaded with wheat, but what I didn’t realize was the tuna and the mayo had soy bean oil in it.  So for lunch I made him some hardboiled eggs with a small salad, an apple, and corn tortilla chips.


After lunch I dashed out the door to head to the market to get him some food!

No comments:

Post a Comment