February 5, 2014

The Father of ADHD, Dr. Eisenberg, Says It May Not Be A Real Disease

I wanted to share this article with you. I found it interesting and I’m not sure if it’s entirely true (because I didn’t hear with my own ears what Dr. Eisenberg said) but I can’t help but think that though ADHD may not be “real” the symptoms that our children are experiencing are very real. Personally, I think it has more to do with food allergies, sensitive’s, and gut and intestine issues. I think all these issues snowball to the point our children’s body’s just can’t cope and function right and in turn it spits-out these symptoms we see and call ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s, etc...
http://www.naturalnews.com/040938_ADHD_fictitious_disease_psychiatry.html
I know we have to” label” it something in order to treat what is going on in the body…so I’m not too upset about the ADHD label…what I am upset about is how ADHD is instantly associated and treated with drugs. That is a doctor’s first line of defense and I think we parents owe it to our children to try other things first…
In the article it states that, “chances are the child is actually just fine.” I don’t agree with this (at least not all the time. Each case is different). My son wasn’t just fine. Read about his story and see all the symptoms he had. We parents know our children best and we see them every day so I think we know if they are fine or not. Trust your gut.  Don’t get me wrong I have known children that have been diagnosed with ADHD and put on treatment and really they are just outgoing kids who are full of energy, they sleep at night, can focus, are smart, have no allergies, etc…however they just can’t sit in the class room or keep their mouth shut. These types of kids ARE not ADHD they are just sociable, exuberant children with a high-spirited disposition. I think it is important that we recognize the difference. And don’t always leave it up to the teacher and doctor to decide if your child it Enthusiastic or has Medical issue (like food allergies).
Here is part of the article I read and the link to the rest of it. Read through some of the responses, very interesting.
(NaturalNews) If you or someone you know has a child that has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), chances are the child is actually just fine. At least this is what the "father" of ADHD, Leon Eisenberg, would presumably say if he were still alive. On his death bed, this psychiatrist and autism pioneer admitted that ADHD is essentially a "fictitious disease," which means that millions of young children today are being needlessly prescribed severe mind-altering drugs that will set them up for a life of drug addiction and failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment