February 10, 2014

Thai Broccoli Slaw Salad ~No Peanuts~

I love Thai food! I could eat it every day! I was messing around and came up with this Thai Broccoli recipe. Everyone in my family loved it but one. The youngest doesn't' really like Thai food so it didn't surprise me. Broccoli is a super food and I'm always trying to find away to include it in our diets.
Sorry I got so busy I didn't take picture as I made it...I realized it at the end so I took a picture of what I had left...LOL
We don't eat peanuts so I replaced them with almonds.
Ingredients
1 Bag of Broccoli Slaw Mix (I used a 10oz bag)
2 Carrots Shredded (I used the cheese grater)
4 Scallions chopped  (green onions)
2 Tbl almond butter
1 Tbl coconut aminos (I love this stuff it replaces soy!)
1Tbl Apple Cider vinegar
1Tbl fresh lime juice
2 tsp honey
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled (be sure to use fresh)
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (used refined)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
In a large bowl mix broccoli slaw, carrots, and scallions. Set aside. In a small, tall jar (I used a mason jar) place the almond butter, coconut aminos, vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, ginger, and salt. With a hand blender mix until smooth. Very slowly, while the mixer in going, drizzle the oil in. Blend well.
 
Pour dressing over salad and toss. Dash with red pepper flakes.  Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment