June 24, 2014

Gluten Free Sausage Manicotti / Penne

This is my super simple version of sausage manicotti. It’s quick to toss together and is very filling. I use penne pasta because I haven’t found gluten free manicotti shells in any of my local stores. If you have gluten free manicotti just stuff them with the sausage mixture. Be sure your spaghetti/marinara sauce is soybean oil and dairy free…sometimes they are hard to find.
Ingredients
1 pound mild ground sausage (or hot if you like it)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
8 oz  gluten free penne pasta
1 egg

Brown sausage and drain. Allow sausage to cool and then add the egg, mix well.
Cook pasta according to package, drain well and then fold it into the sausage mixture. Place into a baking dish and then cover with marinara sauce. I like to work the sauce in just a little by taking a spoon and working it around the edges and in the middle.


Bake at 350 for 25 min. You want it to bubble but you don’t want to over cook it or it will dry out.



No comments:

Post a Comment